In the last few months I have
- Discovered I am not going deaf, the ear doctor plucked wax slugs out of my ears.
- Simultaneously become much more interested in food. I quite often make myself a three course lunch. E.g. this afternoon: avocado, pear in mustard pickle (delicious secret old German recipe), cheese and biscuits.
- Found German very easy to speak and understand. The border is down, it's so much fun.
- Got totally relaxed without a mobile phone*.
- Experienced a creative and inventive surge. I now have six projects cooking.
Could food appreciation and being able to hear be connected? I will ask the ear doctor when I see her in September.
(*) Camilla said.
"I was remembering going to the Isle of Wight festival - sometime in the 1780s [sic]....and spending four days looking for the people I was meant to be meeting. Never happened, but I met lots of lovely new people. Your mobile free life will be full of such pleasures."