Fire! Fire!

Last night Frewin Rd almost burnt down! Emma was woken by our smoke alarms (I’ve always cursed them, but no more) and we found smoke pouring from our downstairs loo with flames licking up the wall to the right of the sink. A candle we had by mistake left alight had caught onto its very stupid base (a coconut shell) and thence the wall-paper and wooden picture frame above it, both of which were completely burnt out – another few minutes and it would have required the fire-brigade I’m sure, but as it was we were able to put it all out with a towel and bucket of water! Thank God! It brought back memories of the “Fire in case of Fire in case of Fire in case of Fire in case of Fire” notice that used to be stuck to the wall in Albert Place – and I was glad of the training that had given me. Fire drill in our house will be happening as soon as we are all six back together again in Frewin Rd. With lots of love, Jim xox
Comments
I've always rather scoffed at the rule in our block of flats that we can't have candles. Maybe they're right after all. Well done putting it out. Carrie
Posted by: Carrie | December 08, 2011 at 01:27 PM

Great stuff getting it out so efficiently.....Many congrats Mum
Posted by: Jenifer Keeling | December 08, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Oh my lord!

Posted by: George | December 07, 2011 at 05:01 PM

No comments:

Post a comment