This Sunday's Match

Today I met with the opposition's High Command; we discussed the options, examined feasibility studies, read through detailed reports commissioned by C.O.B.R.A., but could not come to a consensus of opinion.  Then someone looked out the window and announced that it was still raining.  It is clear that, unless a sirocco blows from midnight tonight right through to 2.30 on Sunday, our best hope would be to hold a re-enactment of the Somme. So, our decision made, it is now my sad duty to relay to you all that there will be no match this Sunday.  In fact there will be no match this year and the earliest we will get the chance to retain the cup will be 2013.

Mum & Dad are keen that the lunch should still go on.  Tom K has offered to shoulder the responsibility of coordinating the numbers.  Can everyone let him know, either way, if you are planning to come.  You can email him on or he will be at Jacobs from Thursday 19th at lunch time.
(not the pitch by the way)
Trust the Village to brush up on their Jet stream manipulation tech just to prevent another smashing. Shame shame!!!

Posted by: Harry | July 20, 2012 at 12:43 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment